Brother Ashfaq Taufique offered the prayer at the Multi Faith Prayer Vigil for the local Criminal Justice System on Sunday, May 21 in Birmingham. Representing the Birmingham Islamic Society he made the following dua:
In the name of God, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful.
- All praise is for God, the Lord of the World. The Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful.
- Master of the Day of Judgment.
- You alone we worship and You alone we call on for help.
- Guide us to The Right Way.
- The Way of those whom You have favored; not of those who have earned Your wrath, or of those who have lost The Way.
O Mighty Lord, Give us as a nation, as a state and as communities wisdom to understand that jails and incarceration is not a rule, but an exception.
Give us wisdom to understand that economic disparity is the root cause of crime.
O mighty Lord, grant steadfastness to those who responds to call of establishing Justice and fight for the oppressed.
O All Mighty, bless our city, our community and nation and the world and ward off evils from our hearts and our actions.
We pray for our leaders and people to be God conscious and courageous.
We pray that executive, legislative and judicial branch of our government, make decisions that are for all the people of this country and the world.
We pray that we are instrumental in establishment of Justice and abolishment of all perceived or real oppression.
We pray that our leaders are guided by righteousness, not to be tempted by greed and power.